Kim and I are BACK!
It’s been a while since we talked books and we felt it was time. Especially as we move into a new season with more books being released. We’re talking about what we’re reading, what we’ve read, and most importantly 🤣 what we’re excited to read!
If you’re like us with a TBR as long as the script for Gone with the Wind… then listen in! Maybe you’ll get some ideas on what you really should take off your TBR shelf! Or things you need to add to it!
This was 100% a ridiculously fun conversation and of course, books are linked in the show notes!
**We try not to do spoilers, but if we start talking about a book or series you’re interested in or are reading… listen with caution!**
Highlights from This Episode:
- Kim and I give a quick update on our TikTok spending, accounts we follow, and what’s trending in our feeds.
- Have you read Throne of Glass yet? Kim shares her update and a fantastic recommendation!
- Our most recent reads and which genres are topping our Kindle libraries.
- Why journaling when you’re reading non-fiction and self-help books is extremely important if you’re looking for true transformation.
- … why I love what I’m reading but also completely found myself in a 🤦♀️situation…
Captivating Quotes from this Episode:
- My summer catch up is I’m still reading Throne of Glass, but I feel like I need a small intro before I give you my list because everyone’s gonna think what the crap Kim, but I’ve been like on a self help nonfiction kick. – Kim
- I feel like I’ve had a really, really good streak of books. My caveat is, and it actually really sucks, is they’re all like the first book and an unfinished series. – Julie
- Talking about the comments on Rich Roll’s book, “If you’re looking for a book, like, you know what you thought this is going to be, read Born to Run. So without reading even the description of what the book was about, I was like, Okay, I’m going to read that book. And I have to say, it has been probably my favorite read of the entire year so far.”
- Modern shoes are like a cast. And it goes into the history of Nike. And we all know Phil Knight, but I didn’t know there was another equal partner who had the ideas for the running shoes. And how not only did they sort of ruin this country’s feet with running shoes, shoes in general. And the more cushion the more this the more that she was, like, trashing our feet. But they knew it.
BEFORE YOU GO: Don’t forget to rate review and subscribe to the Dreamer’s Manual Podcast so we can continue to bring you tailored content to help you build your dreams, evolve in your journey, and bust through those limits so you can create and sustain a thriving business!