You guys, I can’t even begin to say how phenomenal this conversation with Lisa Simone Richards was. I’ve been building an online business for more than four years and have been studying various PR and Marketing strategies for the length of that time, and I still learned some fantastic tips that I plan to use in my own business.
Be sure to pull out your favorite note taking tools before you listen in!
Lisa is a PR and Visibility strategist for online coaches who want to get seen… everywhere! Through her free workshops, masterclasses and mentorship program, she gives you the insider secrets on how to get exposure and reach more people without spinning on social media or wasting more money on Facebook ads.
She was on fire in this conversation with all of the tips and tricks she shares for bolstering your earned media in a way that’s quick, easy, and won’t break the bank. She even shares her very own visibility strategy that she’s using in her business.
If you’ve been trying to find ways to become more visible and be recognized as the authority you are in your industry, listen in and start taking action today!
Highlights from This Episode:
- Learn the three different types of media and why earned media is the most important when it comes to visibility that generates ROI.
- Lisa shares 10+ ways to start earning more free media mentions. Everything from writing guest blog posts to submitting to publications for interviews, to guesting on podcasts, and everything in between.
- Learn why YOU should be the one sending your pitches, especially if podcast guesting is your desired visibility strategy.
- Lisa also provides several different strategies for researching podcasts you want to pitch to and how to go about tracking your overall success rate.
- Hear some quick and dirty math on how visibility directly impacts the bottom line in your business. Both directly in the amount of money you make, and indirectly in the relationships you build.
Captivating Quotes from this Episode:
- There are some really big powerful positives to social media. But when we look at some of the detractors, creating all that content is the number one thing people tend to be feeling frustrated about the amount of time they’re spending creating content. Sure, they may get some likes, or they may get some comments, but it’s not actually turning into qualified leads and actual sales.
- There’s a difference between saying hey, look at me, I’m awesome and trying to sell someone on your awesomeness. Versus the third type of media I’ll talk about which is earned media where you have somebody else giving you credibility saying hey, look at them. They’re awesome. So earned media is the type that I don’t think as many online business owners are familiar with. Nor do they know that it’s easy for them to access. So when we’re talking about earned media, this is leveraging somebody else’s platform.
- Knowing who you are as a person and then knowing the purpose of the visibility that’s going to help inform what is the strategy It would make sense for you.
- I find my most qualified leads do come from podcasts, if somebody has invested 30, 45, 60 minutes in listening to me talk about visibility, they’re coming away as a warm lead, they hop onto my email list, learn a little bit more and then typically want to learn how they can go further in a relationship with me.
- I swear I could give somebody Oprah’s email address and the best pitch in the world. And they may not hit send on it because they don’t feel worthy of that visibility or their imposter complex is telling them that they can’t do it. So we actually spend some time working on building up that confidence so that you’re able to take these tools and put yourself out there.
- You could be the absolute best at what you do. But if people don’t know that you exist, they can’t work with you.
BEFORE YOU GO: Don’t forget to rate review and subscribe to the Dreamer’s Manual Podcast so we can continue to bring you tailored content to help you build your dreams, evolve in your journey, and bust through those limits so you can create and sustain a thriving business!